Wednesday, March 5, 2008

POTTERY AND POETRY

Clay Pots

We've walked miles together,
And come a long way.
Always there, next to each other;
I wish I could stay!

There have been up and downs,
Different joys and pains;
Seasons in the sun,
And moments in the rain.

Time never mattered,
But now we're counting days!
Recalling all memories,
Moulding out of clay.
***


Forgotten Favours

For you I lied,
A million lies;
For you I cried,
To sore my eyes.

For you I fought,
With all the world;
Though I was left,
A broken girl.

For you I walked,
And scabbed my feet;
Always smiled;
When faced defeat.

I shed my blood,
So you could live;
Surrendered all,
That I could give.

But now at times,
I tend to think;
When you slept;
Not once I blinked.

So why tonight,
Cannot I sleep?
When you aren’t there;
Why do I weep?

My tears were yours,
Not a smile I owned!
So do I cry,
‘Coz you are gone?

You didn’t realize,
What it cost!
And that is why,
Darling; I lost.

I failed to make,
You aware,
That every moment,
I was there!

So it is I,
Who is to blame!
That for you today,
I have no name!

Maybe to you,
It is all the same.
Yes sweetie..
Nothing has changed…
***

Buried

Wounds fresh,
Eyes wet,
Silently, I make my way,

Through the night;
Walking slowly,
Broken sobs; keeping pace.

Blood smears;
Chapped lips;
As I dirge, at your grave.

Dressed in white,
Digging deep,
Next to you, I lie in bed.
***


Drowned

A cloudless clear sky
Canopies a misty night
Tear-like, pear shaped dew
Freezes on blades of grass
I feel like breaking down
Crying out my heart

A moonlit valley tumbles
Down the slope of sleep
And in the depth of solitude
I wander out alone
The meadows quietly echo
Whispering my painful song

The cold and clear lake
Reflects my pensive mood
I savor my moments of joy
Companions in grief
Kissing and immersing my body
Enfin m’amour je trouve…
***


Atheism

Solemn in the hollows of silence,
Discriminated by joys of happiness,
My heart is an isolated island,
Calm before the storm…

Pain is symbiotic with air,
Need breathe to survive!
Comforted solely by despair,
I wasn’t made for this world!

Numbness rips my feelings,
Spirituality leads to hell!
Pessimism is most appealing,
As God doesn’t exist…
***


Devour

Teary eyed,
Parched throat,
You’re not in sight,
I have to go!

One glimpse,
Will last one life,
Be my savior,
Don’t leave me alone!

Turn back,
Don’t walk away,
Ruining me,
In just one blow!

Have mercy,
O savage beast,
You’re bloodthirsty,
I await devour!
***


Infatuation

Expressions left unemoted,
Pain kept hidden,
Feelings are incomplete
And dreams are forbidden.

Originality is lost,
Life is a burden,
Tears are brushed away,
Happiness uncertain.

Nights are sleepless,
Days are hazy,
It’s the end of the world,
And I’m going crazy.

Realism doesn’t exist,
Fake is in fashion,
Trust is meaningless,
Suicide is passion!
***


By My Side

When with you;
Dreams come true.
You give me strength
To start anew.

Never leave my side,
Together we abide,
You and me,
We’ll take the world in our stride.
***


Sacrosanct

What I cannot express,
Is beauty at its best.
What I cannot unwind,
Are words simply divine.

What I cannot feel,
Is pain embedded deep.
What I cannot deny,
Is that I envy solemn pride.

What I do not realize,
Is that I’m grateful to those eyes,
Who see someone in me;
Unknown to humanity.

I have no words to say,
To show gratitude to that day,
When a child like you was born,
Who lives to be adorned.
***

Condolence

The sun drowns in the sea.
The quiet settles in.
The painted sky of dusk;
Dissolves in shades of sin.

The birds mourn the death of day;
The momentary end.
Dressed in white, Head bowed;
The moon does descend.

Illuminating the earth,
It gives its condolence.
Providing us with hope of light,
And bestowing its presence.

While gradually the night grows;
Darker and dense...
Engulfing the entire world;
With sleep at its defense.
***

Washed down

Standing with my eyes closed;
Tilted head, soaking rain.
The wind blows against my face,
Sweeping locks of hair away.

I feel your presence in the air;
As tears mingle with rainwater.
Through my body surges pain;
Wasted efforts to keep you farther.

Somehow it gives me satisfaction;
To watch blood trickle down my wounds,
Washed down by raindrops slowly.
I gaze at the partly clouded moon;

It gives me peace, a silent promise,
Calms me down with a broken smile.
It's nice to know that someone's there,
Shining at me from the night sky.
***


Feminism

While standing apart from the crowd
I sense an uncertain pride in being different
Continuously swimming against the tide
Aware its lonely at the other end

Who says the grass is greener there?
(I ask you what’s green, by the way?)
The direction I'm heading; the destination in mind,
It's painted only in shades of gray

The world runs after happiness
("Elusive" they say, isn't it?)
I know its strange but I believe in maintaining distance - Keeping away

The only red I ever knew
Is the crimson of bloodshed and mutilation
The hue symbolizing love always had pain as an accompaniment

Away from the tears, away from the hurt
(So what if it means away from 'love'?)
It seems I've found happiness at last
A 'slight' deviation from the original meaning of the word.
***


Riot

Blending with the rhythm
Of skipped heartbeats
Comes the muffled sound
Of slacken defeat

Blemishing the azure
The colour of the sky
Crimson- coloured blood
Ear-piercing cry

Another conflagration
Engulfs a handful hearths
And another widow
To an orphan gives birth
***

Defeat

A dream that never left my eyes
A tomorrow so real that could be felt
Now drifts away like the sand of time
Slipping out of clenched wrists.

The more that I run after it
And harder I try to hold on
The more it flies away from me
The more is lost, the more is gone.

Time has come on a standstill
Stopped in its track, each minute; an hour
Blood has thickened; doesn’t flow
And frozen tears taste sour.

The soul cries, the heart bleeds
Body and mind are numb with pain
Head bowed; I’m down on my knees
God bless me death I pray…
***


Immortal

Beauty can scarce the remain unnoticed
Love might be blind but can never die
Life can end but memories remain
Like the ashes of dead flames fly

Wounds can never be healed completely
Pain remains though tears will dry
Convincing yet fake smile
Complete the agony of subtle lies

I can never forget your touch
The electric impulse down my spine
Our love story forever immortal
Embossed in silver in the history of time.
***


Images of Paradise

For hours altogether,
I feast my eyes upon,
Deformed postures;
Your body pertains.

As you grope for light,
In the depths of unconsciousness,
I sit back and observe,
The gradually relaxing perturbation;
Causing your brow to knit.

Little beads of perspiration,
Slowly dissipate.
As you lose touch,
With the virtual world.

Leaving yourface,
Calm and serene,
You meditate,
Into deep sleep.
Ecstatic with the simple joy,
Of unbroken, unshattered,
Images of paradise.
***

No comments: